Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's Working

It is my normal routine to start the day with good news and positive energy.  After flipping to the local gospel station, The Light, from the Tom Joyner Morning Show, I’d randomly hear “It’s Working” by Pastor William H. Murphy, III.  Usually I’d be with the boys or on a call.  Even with life happening, the phrases, “I’ve got a seed in the ground” and “It’s working for my good,” always caught my ear.  Whoever crafted this song, was working in purpose.  I would walk around throughout the day humming and repeating those phrases.  What I didn’t realize was how much I was speaking into my life.  My mood was always positive, I encouraged people more, and all I could see was opportunity.  But as soon as I got distracted with things (stress, others’ ideas, and negativity), everything changed.  If you have a spiritual relationship you know, as I do, how you can be pulled back and redirected, b.k.a. SNATCHED!

One day, I was on my way to work and in a bit of a hurry.  I placed my bags in the car, put on my seat belt, and hit the road.  All of a sudden, I had a runny nose.  I reached over to my tissue stash to find nothing.  I remembered having a vast supply so I looked again…nothing.  Ok, now I’m confused.  I’m thinking:  “I know I have some tissue.  Did I not put it where I normally do?  Did I change the location on myself?!  This makes no sense.”  So something tells me to lift up my bag.  I’m sure you can guess what I found… more than what I needed; problem solved.  I am sure you can guess the next song on the radio, yep…“It’s Working.” 

All of that time, I was looking for something that I had all along.  In those few minutes I started doubting myself because there wasn’t an immediate resolution.  In that experience, I learned to slow down, relax, and take my time, as it can have negative snowball effects.  I also learned to trust myself, my abilities, and the favor and promise on my life; be confident that everything will be awesome.  After all, seeds have been/are being planted, fertilized, watered, and nurtured to grow.  I cannot rush the process, nor discount the purpose in the timing of my blooms.  IT IS WORKING…for my good.  And just like my experience, I may be in store for more than enough.  Keep these things in mind in your daily walk.  We can find revelations in the simplest places… a song, a smile, even a runny nose :) 






Until next time… Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment